So over the summer vacation, the first grade students of Justin’s school were asked to answer some journal prompts. You know, when you start a sentence and they finish it…. 🙂 I LOVE doing these, esp to young kids because you never know what they are going to say. I think I’m going to make it a habit of doing this for each boy, most likely on their birthday or near their birthday….and see how things change each year. 🙂
I’ll start by posting one of my fave photos of Justin, even though this was taking at the beginning of the year. It still makes me giggle….
Here’s an insight to the mind of a 6 yr old:
First Grade Journal Prompts for Justin
- I feel important when…I am living at home and when I get to go on bike rides
- I once got hurt when…I fell off my bike at my old house but mommy got a band-aid and boo-boo cream.
- I would like to try…to ride my bike with no training wheels.
- A friend in need is a friend…that you know.
- An apple a day keeps the…I don’t know what you mean.
- Look before you…swim
- My two favorite colors are…black and red
- With my best friends, I like to…play checkers and football
- Something I know a lot about is…Daddy
- With my family, I like to….go on walks
- I don’t understand…what you mean
- I’ll never forget the day I…was a baby and Mommy & Daddy hugged me and snuggled me
- Twenty years from now, I will…be a big kid and I won’t need training wheels on my bike
- If I were a cat, I would…be a scaredy cat
- If I had a magic carpet, I would…sit, fly and say “AleeeOOP!”
- If I could visit any planet in the solar system, I would…visit Mars
- Something I would like to tell my parents is…Mars has aliens!!!
- On sunny, hot days, I…go to my friends houses to swim or swim in my pool
- A person I admire is…Daddy & Mommy
- My hero is…Daddy
- If I could be a fish, I would be a…catfish
- If I could have any pet, I would choose…a hamster
- When my teacher is away from school, I feel…good so she can make lots of money
- If I could be principal, I would change the way….where there is no homework
- My mom thinks I…am the coolest boy in the whole wide world
- I want to forget…why Mommy has a baby in her belly (note by me: hmmm, makes me wonder…lol)
- One thing that makes me very nervous is…coyotes
- My favorite sport is…football
- Mmmmmmm, I love the smell of…peanuts and blueberries
- Mmmmmmm, I love the taste of…apple pie
- It is a good idea to save…a secret
- My favorite fruit is…pineapple
- I feel like crying when…please don’t say that one
- It bugs me when…someone tries to talk when I am reading a book
- The person most important to me is…my whole entire family & friends